Hunter Cat NFC – Electronic Cats
understanding the hunter cat nfc and its leds
The device has preloaded reader detection firmware that lets the user know when they are in close proximity to an NFC reader that is trying to read their card.
detects hidden readers seeking to read your cards without authorization to clone
- activate hunter cat nfc
- wait for the leds to turn off
- the red led flashes every 1 second
- get closer to the reader, the huntercat nfc leds should light up to indicate if an nfc reader was detected.
- if it doesn’t turn on and the led stays on, you are not near an nfc reader.
- card emulation mode: where huntercat nfc behaves like a smart card or tag
- read/write — where huntercat nfc behaves like an nfc reader/writer
- peer to peer: for more complex interactions
how does it work?
hunter cat nfc can be configured to behave as an nfc tag reader or to establish a two-way connection with another nfc device. Hunter Cat NFC features a Cortex M0+ MCU that works in conjunction with the PN7150. usb interface is provided by cortex m0+ mcu, and nfc functionality is ensured by pn7150. nfc is designed to be intuitive for users. communication between two devices is established in the simplest way possible: by bringing them closer to each other. the nfc interface can operate in three different modes:
in this mode, huntercat nfc emulates an nfc tag. it does not initiate communication, it only responds to an nfc reader. A typical application of card emulation mode is how people use NFC on their smartphones to replace multiple cards, badges, or tags at once (using the same phone for RFID access controls, contactless payments, etc.). the card emulation mode, however, is not only useful for smartphones, but for any type of portable device.
here, hunter cat communicates with a passive tag, nfc smart card, or nfc device operating in card emulation mode. you can read or write to a tag (although reading is a more common use case because tags will often be write-protected). in this mode, huntercat nfc generates the rf field, while a tag or card only modulates it.
peer-to-peer mode establishes a two-way communication channel between a pair of nfc-enabled devices. when a user brings two devices closer together, the two nfc chips establish a p2p connection and exchange data.
for more information and updates on working modes, please visit: https://github.com/electroniccats/huntercatnfc
- cortex m0+ processor
- usb-c 2.0
- nfc reader, nfc card and forum
- circuitpython compatible
- uf2 bootloader
- status of 3 leds
- open hardware
- supported rf protocols
- nfcip-1, nfcip-2 protocol
- iso/iec 14443a, iso/iec 14443b picc, nfc forum t4t modes via host interface
- nfc t3t forum via host interface
- iso/iec 14443a, iso/iec 14443b pcd designed according to nfc and iso-dep forum digital protocol t4t platform
- elica pcd mode
- mifare classic pcd (mifare classic 1k/4k) encryption mechanism
- nfc forum tag 1 to 5 (mifare ultralight, jewel, open felica tag, mifaredesfire
- iso/iec 15693/icode vcd mode
- includes the intellectual property license rights of nxp iso/iec14443-a and innovatron iso/iec14443-b